Flexible Printed Circuits (FPC)The main focus for GTS' business and developments over many years. GTS has probably the largest selection of adhesive-based FPC materials in the world. More
- Standard Laminates (FCCL)with Electrodeposited and Rolled-Annealed copper foils from 9µm to 140µm
- Coverlays and bond-plies with PET, PEN and PI films from 12 microns to 125 microns
- Cast adhesives of epoxy, acrylic and Polyester resins from 12 to 50 microns
- Alternative metals such as Aluminium and stainless-steel are used, for example for medical or heater circuits.
Flexible Flat Cables (FFC)Coated tapes of PET, Aramid Paper, PEN and Polyimide are used in the manufacture of flat cables and circuit-board jumper. More
- Typically, these tapes are used in roll-to-roll lamination and may be classified as high, medium or low-flow depending on the adhesive used and the operating speeds desired.
- Curing of cables made with epoxy adhesives is frequently done to improve temperature ratings. GTS can assist with the choice of tape for the application and with processing.
Laminated Bus-BarsGTS supplies a wide range of products for laminated bus-bars. More
- These are thicker tapes with single and double-sided coatings used in press-lamination of layers of shaped copper sheets for high power distribution panels.
- End uses include electric train motors, solar panel inverters and wind turbines.
- Newer applications include hybrid car motors and batteries.
- Most insulations are made with Polyester film, from 125 to 500 microns thick.
- Alternative dielectrics include Aramid paper and Polyimide.
Bonding and Insulation TapesMelt processable adhesive coatings are put onto a wide variety of substrates for general purpose bonding. More
- Applications are numerous including cable wrapping, lamination of credit cards, chip module bonding, zips and balloon sealing.
- The adhesives may be low-temperature thermoplastics or high temperature thermosetting epoxies depending on the application and processing conditions.
Flexible CompositesGTS processing methods allow the lamination of a wide range of materials to manufacture flexible composites. More
- The composites have the combined properties of the laminated substrates, such as tear resistance of fabrics and UV resistance of films.
- Applications have included solar panel back-sheets, balloon fabrics, microlight aircraft, Polyimide and Polyester film multilayers.